This guide has been written by home expert Imogen North
Last Updated on
Last Updated on
One of the most challenging tasks most people hate is cleaning a memory foam mattress. If you don’t have the right cleaning agents or if you do not know how to go about it, you can spend lots of hours without success. However, we are here to take you through the whole process. Check out this guide to learn how you can effectively remove stains from a memory foam mattress.
Before cleaning, you need to be very careful on the liquids you are using on the memory foam since not all liquids are suitable for cleaning. Irrespective of the type of liquid you are using, you must spray it thinly. Don’t use a wet sponge to scrub the stains.
- How to remove loose debris – The easiest way to get rid of loose debris, dirt or dead skin on a foam mattress is by using a vacuum cleaner.
- Use a cleaning solution – You can use a homemade cleaning solution instead of commercial cleaners. Start by spraying the solution on the area you want to clean. After you have vacuumed the mattress, spray the soiled surface with the solution. When cleaning a large area, try to clean one spot at a time. If you are using a sponge, don’t soak it.
- Absorbing the moisture– Use a paper towel to absorb the moisture coming from the mattress. You should do this immediately after cleaning a specific part on the mattress. Don’t allow the moisture to go deep into the mattress.
- Drying– After you are done with cleaning, it is now time to dry the mattress. You can use a hair dryer using a low heat setting. Do not place the drier too close to the mattress. You can also keep it in a well ventilated room to dry.
- Preventing stains – Even if you try to be very careful, sometimes you cannot avoid accidental spills which might leave your mattress with stains. One of the best ways to prevent this is using a mattress protector. This one looks like a fitted sheet but it is usually resistant to stains. They are also made of breathable materials and are hypoallergic.
Things to Avoid When Cleaning a Foam Mattress
- Scrubbing– Foam mattresses are made of delicate materials. This means that you should never scrub them when cleaning.
- Don’t use stain removers– Avoid using commercial stain removers which needs to be scrubbed or rubbed. You are likely to damage the foam structure when you scrub.
- Water– Memory foam mattresses should never be soaked in water whether you are using detergents or not.
If you have been struggling to find effective ways of removing stains from a foam mattress, the above tips will be very helpful. You will only need to look for the mentioned cleaning agents and follow all the steps we have discussed keenly. Investing in a mattress protector will also make your work easier. You can also look for quality bed sheets because they are easier to clean and are also cheap.
If you are in the market for a fancy coffee table, Gus Wireframe coffee table is the way to go. This table offers a designer style innovation of ideas, brought to fruition through supreme craftsmanship and...
Blom Table Lamp is a modular lamp that can be adjusted according to one’s preferences. We will get to this later. This lamps takes on the Norwegian style, with petals for blades. The lamp looks stunning and...
Table lamps have been known to vamp up the look of every room with elegance and creativity. The Galaxy Table Lamp nails both of these categories, especially in creativeness. The planetary appeal of the galaxy...
Subscribe to stay in the loop
Get the latest news and updates from our blog