This guide has been written by home expert Imogen North
Last Updated on
Last Updated on
A pillowcase is a protective cover that is placed on top of a pillow. They are important part of your bedding that will allow you to sleep comfortably. Apart from that, they provide a healthy sleep due to their ability to block allergens, bacteria and dust mites. They also protect your pillow from stains. People love them because they are very easy to clean.
However, if you are searching for a new pillowcase, you need to be aware of the different materials available since some are more comfortable than others. Below are the most common materials.
- Polyester– This one is among the most popular materials used in the production of pillowcases. The good thing about it is that it is long lasting and provides good airflow.
- Silk -One of the reasons why people love silk materials is due to their smooth feel. They are very soft and this makes them the best if you want to have a comfortable sleep. They are also breathable and long lasting.
- Cotton – Most bedding are made of cotton. Cotton fabrics are very common because they are both breathable and absorbent.
- Flannel – This one is a special type of cotton weave fabric. However, it is rougher than the normal cotton. It is also thick but soft. What you will love about this material is that it provides more warmth as compared to other materials.
- Linen – This one is a natural material that comes from the flax plant. It is soft, breathable and long lasting.
- Satin – If you are looking for a material that is soft and gentle on your skin and hair, satin pillowcases are the best. Apart from being smooth, satin does not bunch up easily.
- Winceyette – This one looks like flannel but it is cooler and lighter. These materials are double sided to boost durability. Apart from that, they are very comfortable.
How to Choose the Best Pillowcases
- Comfort – You can never enjoy your sleep if your pillowcase is not comfortable. Ensure that the pillowcase you have selected is warm and soft.
- Features – Check whether it is waterproof and its ability to repel dust mites, allergens and bacteria.
- Material – Pillowcases are made of different materials. When buying, you need to consider whether the material is breathable, smooth and warm.
- Size – This one seems obvious but it is worth mentioning that you need to check the size of your pillow. An oversize pillowcase may not be very comfortable. Again, it should not be too small since this can lead to wear and tear especially if the material is not durable.
Having a pillowcase is a must if you really want to boost your comfort at night. The good thing about them is that they are affordable and they highly boost the durability of your pillow. However, the comfort or durability of the pillowcase highly depends on the material. Therefore, you need to be aware of the benefits of each material before buying. We hope that this guide will be of great help to you when searching for the best pillowcases.
If you are in the market for a fancy coffee table, Gus Wireframe coffee table is the way to go. This table offers a designer style innovation of ideas, brought to fruition through supreme craftsmanship and...
Blom Table Lamp is a modular lamp that can be adjusted according to one’s preferences. We will get to this later. This lamps takes on the Norwegian style, with petals for blades. The lamp looks stunning and...
Table lamps have been known to vamp up the look of every room with elegance and creativity. The Galaxy Table Lamp nails both of these categories, especially in creativeness. The planetary appeal of the galaxy...
Subscribe to stay in the loop
Get the latest news and updates from our blog