This guide has been written by home expert Imogen North
Last Updated on
Last Updated on
A pillow top mattress is just a second plush top surface which is sewn on top of a mattress. As a result, they enhance support and comfort when sleeping. The most outstanding thing about these mattresses is that when you are sleeping on them, you feel like you are sleeping on a cloud because they are very soft. The only difference between pillow top mattresses and the normal mattresses is that they have a cushioned layer on top. If you have a firm mattress, they are the best instead buying a new mattress.
The good thing about pillow top mattresses is that they are specially designed with comfortable materials to make them soft. Some of the common materials used in the production of pillow top mattresses include memory foam, cotton, latex and polyurethane.
The upper part is stitched permanently to the mattress to allow it attain the required levels of comfort. As a result, they give you maximum comfort.
Pillow top mattresses are available in different sizes such as, king, queen, full and twin.
Pillow Top Mattress Pad Vs Pillow Top Mattresses
Just like a pillow top mattress, a pillow top mattress pads is a layer of a luxurious material which is placed on top of the mattress. Instead of buying a new bed or mattress, you can just purchase a pillow top mattress pad to boost comfort. However, you need to know that these mattress pads are available in different sizes. This means that you need to ensure that you have picked the right size for your mattress. They also come with different prices according to the brand.
Benefits of Pillow Mattress
- Price– The most luxurious mattresses like the memory foam or gel mattresses are very expensive. If you are searching for an affordable option, pillow top mattresses will be the ideal choice.
- Relieves pain – If you experience back pains or neck pains when sleeping, a pillow top mattress will be a great addition to your bed. These mattresses are very effective in relieving pressure around various parts of your body like the back, shoulder or neck.
- Lacks chemicals – Most of the popular mattresses like the foam mattresses are known to produce harmful chemicals. However, pillow top mattresses do not have any of these chemicals which means that they are very safe even for kids.
Disadvantages of Pillow Mattresses
- They are not durable – Just like other mattresses, pillow top mattresses also wear out after sometime. They compress easily and lose their effectiveness after a short time.
- Not effective for heavy people – For heavier people who are searching for a reliable mattress that can relief back pains or any other types of discomfort, pillow top mattresses may not be the best since they are not as thick as other mattresses.
If you are searching for an effective way of reliving back pain or any form of discomfort when you are sleeping, a pillow top mattress will be a good choice. These mattresses are made of high quality materials to guarantee comfort. They are also affordable as compared to other luxurious mattresses which makes them ideal for those who are on a budget.
1. Unexpected Mattress Topper Benefits – Post by The Beloit
&Traditions takes an archaic approach and brings a historical masterpiece back to life. The Little Petra armchair was first designed by a Danish architect Viggo Boesen in 1938. The chair became wildly popular, but due to its lack of...
This floor lamp is inspired from the famous La Pedrera building in Barcelona. The design language takes its inventiveness from the vaulted ceilings of the building, which are beautifully show cased through the entire base of the lamp....
Chandra brings you a rather unique rug for your floor. The rug is handcrafted which increases its appeal tenfold. The rug has a simple yet elegant style. It is the definition of comfort and blissfulness. The rug is made out of soft...
Subscribe to stay in the loop
Get the latest news and updates from our blog